Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Top 25 Under 25 In 25: #10

Admittedly real life has gotten in the way of blogging a bit in the past couple of weeks. But once I get back to school I'll definitely have more free time, so hang in there readers, all three of you....

10. Howie Kendrick, 2B, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Even though he is ranked #10 here, I'm not as high on Kendrick as many baseball experts seem to be. Granted, I'm not as smart as guys like Nate Silver and Joe Sheehan, and I realize Kendrick is a second baseman, but I don't see him having a lot of power and I don't think his OBP will be too much higher than his batting average since he swings at a lot of pitches-both good and bad. That being said, Kendrick will probably develop into a guy who hits 12-15 homers a year and will hit .320 or so, so when he wins a couple of batting titles and has OBPs north of .400, I guess everyone can show me this article and laugh.

1 comment:

twins15 said...

... as long as he can stay healthy! Lots of injuries this year, though if I recall they were more of the fluke variety.