Saturday, May 19, 2007

Top 25 Under 25 in 25: #22


22. Cole Hamels, SP, Philadelphia Phillies


Hamels is quickly working his way into the top tier of pitchers. Currently second in the majors with 70 strikeouts, Hamels is way ahead of pace when he struck out 145 batters last season. Posessing a low to mid 90s fastball, Hamels makes his living with an amazing changeup that has scouts comparing it to Johan Santana's. Suprisingly, 58 of Hamels 70 strikeouts have come against right handed batters.

Recently, the Phillies have tried to dump some salary in an effort to rebuild, and there's no doubt that Hamels is the focal point of the Phillies' rebuilding efforts, especially as far as the rotation is concerned.

1 comment:

grittysquirrels said...

Hammels has been straight sexy for my fantasy team thus far. --> He makes me feel like I know what I'm doing when it looked like I had maybe wasted a 4th round pick on him.